On Sun, 20 May 2001 06:30:35 EDT email @ redacted wrote:

> Good Day, Everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well....
> My question of the day is how do I go about starting up an exercise program
> again?  I used to do Tae Bo four days a week, but that was before pumping.
> It's pretty intense, so what I'm wondering is:

> 1.  When do I cut my basal rate back and by how much;
> 2.  When do I bring it back to normal;
> 3.  Should I disconnect during exercise?

First, don't disconnect unless you determine that a reduced basal rate
is too much for you during exercise. If the nature of the exercise
will cause possible physical damage to your pump or to the infusion
site, then you should probably disconnect. Otherwise you need to
experiment with a reduced basal rate, starting with one that is
probably too much of a reduction. If your choice of exercise makes it
very difficult to conduct your own experiments then I'm afraid I don't
know what to tell you.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, 506 in 1995, 508 in 2000, bicyclist