Re: [IP] Re:Check out No more insulin shots & I'M GOING!!

In a message dated 5/20/01 2:47:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> "Islet transplant patients must take anti-rejection drugs for the rest
> of their lives. The drugs cost up to $20,000 per year and have
> possible side effects including kidney damage, viral infections and a

The anti-rejection drugs are the main reason I am hesitant about this....but
I heard there is a new one out and have also heard that with stem cells
(which this isn't) that you don't need those drugs.  I'm thinking maybe if I
don't do this but get approved IF i pass all the tests that when stem cell
comes around, I can be one of the first to try it (hopefully)...... at least
I'll have the tests out of the way.  And NO, I'm not being selfish!  LOL.....