[IP] Re: Diabetes Educator

In a message dated 5/20/2001 8:06:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi Kim, I think its great that you are educating the parents and teachers in

Thanx Joan.  It is very important to train the staff at the school your child
attends.  Ashley has gone to the same school for the whole 5 years she has
been diabetic.  I have to tell you that this actually just recently helped a
little girl that goes there.  Luckily for this girl her teacher is Ms. Hassen
a teacher we have trained 2 years in a row:-)  She saw the warning signs in
this girl & took her to the clinic in the school.  They called me & asked if
they could use Ashley's glucometer to check her blood.  Turned out the meter
read her as high.  She has been in the hospital for a week & just came back
to school Thursday.  Ashley is going to be her new buddy & I have offered my
help to the Mother.  I was just so thrilled that this teacher caught the
warning signs & was able to help her:-)

Hugs
  Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping
yet)