[IP] ADvanced Insulin Infusion using a COntrol Loop (ADICOL)

Last week I received my issue of PumpWorld from
Disetronic. I had expected there to be a few posts
on the list regarding its headline, 'Disetronic sets
the pace for continuous glucose monitoring'.  I
reports on a study being conducted in Europe, which
began 1/1/00 and will last for 3 years.  This will
be a true (if successful) closed loop artificial
pancreas.  The early problems were that it had to be
regularly recalibrated.  They have now gone as long
as 22 days without having to recalibrate.  The site
is at; http://www.adicol.org/mix/public_index.htm

As the European study will be over in 2003, I would
expect it would take quite a few years before the
necessary US research could be done.  It does look
promising for the future.
email @ redacted
Never knock on Death's door; ring the doorbell and
run (he hates that).