[IP] Re:Ketoacidosis Question

>>My Endocrinologist said that it takes 7 weeks for a ketoacidosis case
>>send you into a coma, so I wouldn't worry about it during the
night-time.  I'm
>>not on a pump yet, so I don't know exactly what yyou should do during
>>kind of a situation.  Kyle J. Skinner

Wow.  Be careful with that statement.  I have a friend whose little girl
(13) went into a coma and died of DKA about five years ago while she was
out of town for a week.  She told her dad all the right information, but
totally rebelled and went "normal" -- no shots, candy bar wrappers under
the bed, etc.
Debbie, mom to Katie, 10
Dx'd 9/97, pumping since 8/99