Re: [IP] Re: DCCT and it's results

At 05:25 PM 05/18/2001 , you wrote:
>Apart from Medical implications, there is something known as the Hawthorne
>effect (named after a study done on change at a Western Electric plant in
>Hawthorne, NJ).  Conjunctly, the Hawthorne effect is that attention & change
>will affect the human attitude.  The study can be found in most management
>textbooks. - Bob Nnn

I think it's also mentioned in statistics and psychology books.  Still
don't believe memories can be valid back "that far"  (specifically mine ;-)

How bad is my memory?... Seem to remember that there was a more direct
cause to the changes that happened than they thought.  To say that another
way the "proved" cause wasn't......

Jim S.