[IP] RE: Might the DCCT have been flawed?

Imo, the whole conclusion of the dcct was that extra
care and support often lead to improved life
expectancy and health.  The psychological impact
would be included in the support and, of course,
where there is more support there would be better
compliance.  The psychological effect is absolutely
important in the treatment, care and outcome, of
every disease.

The most important result of the dcct was that it
allowed me to get a pump in '93.  The insurance
company would not approve it before that.  My HbA1c
dropped 3+ points by using the pump, along with more
extensive care.  If I did not have the pump, I doubt
that I would have been as conscientious, at least
for awhile, as I have been.
- --
email @ redacted
- --
Men who never get carried away should be.
 - Malcolm Forbes