[IP] Tax vs Donate

 SNIP>>>>> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #134 opinions
>  I agree with  those that believe that there are companies with self
> interests and profit from our misfortune. I believe that we as voters and
> growing in numbers should contact our congressmen and demand that a law
> should be inacted that requires all drug companies that manufacture for
> specific diseases,insulin,syringes alcohol,pumps and other materials be
> forced to donate a percentage of their profits towards a cure. If this would
> be required by law then these funds would in the millions and would help fund
> all types of diseases.SNIP<<<<

It would be so great that we would probably have a real cure with a
matter of years.  HOWEVER, it wouldn't be a donation, it would be
a TAX!     But maybe they could receive a tax credit or business
exemption for the donations just like we on our income tax forms
for Charity.
Great thought, though.
Bonnie R.