In a message dated 5/18/01 1:19:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Jackie, all of the NSAIDS are brutal on the kidney and "diabetics" should not
> take them...that includes the cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors like vioxx and
> celebrex. Lodine is a cycloxygenase 2 inhibitor too which never hit the FDA
> favorably to get recognized as such. I found that I had problems with that
> as
> well. I suggest Cold or heat as therapy with gentle physical therapy.
> simple
> stuff which mobilizes the knee. Weight loss if appropriate also takes stress
> offf your knee and makes for less pain. spot

Are you serious Spot??  I've had 2 different drs put me on different ones in
the past 2 months, first Celebrex and i just switched to Vioxx.  No dr has
mentioned this being a problem for diabetics.
Is there some scientific writing i can show them?
It's amazing the difference these drugs have made in my pain level that
ibruprofin never even touched.
I have no problems with my kidneys and all my tests after a month on this
stuff were pretty normal...
Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000