[IP] Re: MM 508 - Pump Screw Cleaning

> From: "Patrick G. Jobe" <email @ redacted>
> Do most of you clean the pump screw regularly as shown in the instructions
> that are sent with the batteries? And do you think it makes any difference?
> I am often forgetting to do this.

Not just the 508, but MM has always instructed us to do this. My concern is,
removing the batteries has nothing to do with also removing the reservoir to
clean the lead screw. This could certainly cause a MAJOR overdose if not done
correctly - or the opposite effect! I think the instructions should be to
clean it - say - on the 10th of each month or some sort of system. I clean
mine about as often as I change my lancet(s). (Watch the newbies try to figure
that one out - VBG). YMMV (~_^)

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either
proven right or pleasantly surprised.