[IP] lab things. and a bit off topic tragic and off topic

>>> There are two major types of diabetes mellitus, called type I and type
Type I diabetes mellitus is also called insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
(IDDM), or juvenile onset diabetes mellitus. >>>
 or Autoimmune diabetes mellitus. Mellitus means sweet (Mellissa - sweet as
a bee) diabetes a siphon, siphoning the life out of you. nothing very
juvanile about its onset. lots of titles, not much understanding. in
medicine when things are not well understood we tend to mame (not name)
them with different names. Like Gerstler Straussler Strauss Syndrome -
cause unknown until 2 years ago when it was found to be the result of a
prion. like mad cow disease. excellent board examiners question. name the
causitive agent and diagnostic features of GSS. or SRO syndrome, another
poorly understood disease which poor Dudly Moore has. Steele Richardson
Olsewski Syndrome. thank G-d he has a diagnosis since there is nothing to
do about it. The microscopic slides of his brain are interesting in that
they show little cigar shaped structures called torpedo bodies, he also has
Hirano bodies, The body has really interesting pathological findings but
they don't help with living at all. I just got up at a big conference here
in town and read a little poem about it. it wasn't at all funny but all the
doctors there laughed until the tears ran down our faces.

spot, t1 40 years
A.L. Bender, M. D.