[IP] fiber help

Hi, i just started the pump and let me tell u, it is faaaaabulous!!! (plus
hard work but its ok!)
anyways, quick question......what exactly does fiber do to your blood sugars?
i was under the impression that you SUBTRACT the fiber grams from the total
carbs grams, and i just bolused for that amount...but then my sugar went out
of control!! am i supposed to take insulin even for fiber grams? please help!
thanx, jessica