[IP] Mail Order Insulin

I received a shipment of insulin from my mail-order Phx.
It was shipped overnight, in an cardboard box with styrofoam inside, wrapped
in bubble wrap with two "blue ice"
Packs.  Great for the summer, only problem is I live in Colorado and they
left it outside for 12 hours in -10 degrees.
And who knows what it when through in shipping:

I made these suggestions to the mail order phx.

1.	Be aware or where you are SHIPPING TO as well as from
2.	Ship overnight
3.	Ship in good containers, as above, the "ice" does not hurt in the
cold - in fact it helps to regulate the temp.
4.	ADD A STRIP OF MATERIAL TO THE BOX, VIALS THAT CHANGES COLOR ETC.
WHEN THE INSULIN HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO EXCESS HEAT OR COLD....

If we all just ask for the color indicator for heat or cold - we could get
this as standard....it is our lives we are dealing with!!!

And as to using you LOCAL Pharmacy....I asked mine - and they said that
their shippments are sent by truck with a delivery of several DAYS and NOT
INSULIATED....so much for local being better!!!

JMO....