In a message dated 5/15/01 6:40:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have been taking Vioxx for the past 3 mos. for arthritis in my knee.  IT
> worked better than any other meds.
> Problem is that on my most recent blood work went from 18 to 40.
> Creatintin
> (BUN).  Dr. will repeat test in 2 wks. off Vioxx and HCTZ.
> My A1C was up from 7.3 to 8.3.  Talk about frustrated!!  I had been doing
> so
> well with my control etc. and was looking forward to a 6. something.  As it
> happened, 2 days before the test, I was running BG's betweet 400 and 500.
> took me 18 hrs. to get it back under control.   I truly believe that is why
> it was up to 8.3.  Needless to say, I believe that what happens the month
> prior to the test is the most important.  My doctor agreed

I'm not sure i understand what the Vioxx does to you besides relieving the
pain??  I've been taking Celebrex for 1 1/2 months for my knees and it works
well but no one told me anything about side effects.  I wonder if it is in
the same class of drugs?
Now i am wondering how to get more information about all of this.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01