Re: [IP] Pump protection

In a message dated 5/15/01 5:40:04 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> !  When I change the set I find lots of
> dust and sand from the ball field, sand box etc. inside the pump where the

Do you keep it in a case?  They have some Neo-something cases (those
water-resistant ones--I forget what it's called) that zip ALL THE WAY around
the pump.  MiniMed is selling them now... not sure about the other companies.
I think it would be much more difficult to get sand in there, but who knows
with kids and baseball and sliding and all that fun stuff!
Maybe you can call MiniMed and they would have some suggestions for you?
Also, make sure you clean that 'thing' where the cartridge goes (forget the
name of that too...GEEZ!) that the levers move on.  When you get batteries
from MiniMed, there is this little brush thingie that comes with the
batteries that you use to clean it.  I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking
about...Just cannot think right right now :O(