Re: [IP] The Arrival of BabyZilla! (sorry so long)and breastfeeding

email @ redacted writes:

<< I saw a study (I will try to send find it) that children who are
 pre-disposed to diabetes are MORE likely to develop diabetes if breast fed
 less than 4 months.  I have also talked to other mothers, and there seems to
 be some accuracy to this study.  NOT saying all children bf less than 4
 months do develop, but why take chances??? >>

I don't agree with this study.  I breastfed my daughter for 3 months and she
doesn't have diabetes.  On the other hand, my son, who does have diabetes,
was breastfed for 13 months.  However I could be wrong because there was no
diabetes in our family before my son got it.