Re: [IP] update on link between A1C and BG average

Sorry for the confusion Patrick.  I was referring to the fact that it
no longer seems that high BGs have more impact than low BGs, which is
what is in a lot of old books and articles and old doc's heads :-).
I wasn't referring to time weighted averages  which is a different
kind of averaging.  The A1C definitely does emphasize only the most
recent weeks average BG.

<<<<<<From: "Patrick G. Jobe" <email @ redacted>
"... the A1C is a pretty good estimate of an unweighted mean BG.  also, I
think other evidence now suggests that it is largely dominated by events in
the past month ..."

This seems internally contradictory. Isn't the A1C by definition a weighted
average if you give more significance to events of the past month and less
to occurring earlier?>>>>>>>