[IP] "regular" pop

My son has been on the pump now for almost 2 months.  All of a sudden the
issue is coming up about having full strength pop at restaurants, friends
houses etc.  Also about having full strength lemonade instead of Crystal
Light.  His point is - "I can bolus for this stuff."  I want him to still
drink the diet stuff.  Do I have good reasons?  Is just being the Mom and "I
say so" enough?  How have others handled this - is this a battle I want?  I
look forward to some responses.

Jocelyn, Brian's mom