Re: : Re: [IP] Opinions Needed

In a message dated 5/14/2001 9:09:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Hi Patrick, I,m here to comment on your e about  companies making so much
money on diabetes that they are in no hurry to find a cure. My opinion is
that there are many, many deseases out there that need a cure too. Wouldn't
it seem logical that a company would be way ahead of the game if they found a
cure for D and then moved on to another horrible desease?  Wouldn't they be
in a much better position than not finding a cure??  I think of it this way.
If the blood test strips were not invented, we would still be going to the
doctors office to have him do it and he would certainly make more money for
an office visit. I know this is simplistic, but there have been so many new
things on the market for diabetes, I  can't imagine that the companies are
sitting out there in their   lab coats saying. "lets not figure this
particular thing out, because we will lose money if we do!"