Joann [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> More studies to
> validate this are
> underway at several medical centers in the US.

First, a comment:  no properly configured scientific study sets out to
validate a treatment.  The standard assumption of *any* scientific study is
that there *IS NO DIFFERENCE* between the treatment group and the control
group.  Science is -- must be -- inherently skeptical.  If any research
group has a goal of validating a specific treatment, then the protocol is
fundamentally biased.

Second, if these research projects are known, I would be interested in
knowing who is doing them and when and where we can begin to look for the
research papers to be published.  So far, no properly run research protocol
has been able to detect *ANY* therapeutic effect of magnets and magnetism.
It's been well established that there is no therapeutic or other long term
effect of the magnetism used in an MRI, which, as we know, uses *VERY*
strong magnetic fields.

IMO, the principal purpose of magnetic insoles or other "therapeutic" use of
magnets is to separate the patient from her or his money.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR