[IP] Re: Opinions needed

>>>  I'd say even though there is a lot of new products introduced every year
by many different companies, I think they'd rather the disease NOT
be cured. They'd go out of business, then what? >>>

There is something that I don't recall (Hillary Syndrome) seeing on this list,
so I'm going to bring it up now. The first time I ever heard of the Jerry
Lewis Telethon was Labor Day '74. They raised millions of $$$. We are now
talking '01 which will be 27 years of millions and millions and millions of
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for research for a cure. for MD. Where is the cure? Do those
suffering with MD (about 40 diff. muscular diseases) have the products for
control that DMers do? What is happening to those cure dollars? It would be
interesting to add the total $ J.L. has raised for this effort. I don't think
all diseases can be cured. Others have mentioned that if one was discovered,
which group would it benefit: children under the age of X? Those with DM-1
less than XX years? Those with T-2 with more/less than XX years after dx and
at what time was onset REALLY before dx? Those with DM for more than X years?
Whom gets picked for the cure?

For myself, I am glad they have improved the lives of DMers since those old
pee tests and one shot a day. Living daily with small-moderate ketones and not
knowing it - only the telltale *fruity* breath. A lot of body damage was
happening then. I'm on a kidney/pancreas transplant list group and many of the
members had DM less than 30 years and pretty bad off. If there is no cure in
the near future, more DMers should be able to live with their bodies more
intact than what has been in the past. YMMV (~_^)

my 2c

Even if you have pains, you don't have to be one.