[IP] DM & insurance

Jim S. wrote:
> In a lot of ways diabetes was easier a lot of years ago - Not the medical,
> but the emotional.
> "back then" being diabetic was not grounds to being refused a personal life
> insurance policy. (70s)

hmmmmm - in '56 we had an insurance man talk to our civics class and I asked
if diabetics could get insurance. He laughed and said, "Insurance is like
salvation, you have to have it before you need it."  A couple of years later
Mom met an insurance man who had a metal plate in his head and he said he'd
write me a policy. We went over the Q's and when it came to DM he said, "No,
we know that."  It was a downright false statement. I couldn't keep it -
cancelled it. When I was a secretary in '57 I got a life group plan then
converted to private pay when I left. I now have a $2,500 policy. YMMV (~_^)

Have you ever been just as sure you were right - but wrong?