[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #133

Re: [IP] Insulin Pumps and Magnetic Insoles

You may not need to go to the expense of magnetic soles if you get relief
from the other methods mentioned. But as a point of interest,  certain
magnetic insoles, have been shown to decrease the pain related to neuropathy
(from several causes, not just diabetes). More studies to validate this are
underway at several medical centers in the US. The key is, the magnets have
to strong enough to make a difference.
I hope you are able to walk comfortably again in any case! Good luck.
"Findeiss, Carl" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] update on link between A1C and BG average

Not an expert at all, but I believe that the weighting is not between the
high BG levels and the low, but in the
Timespand of the red blood cells themselves. The avg lifespan of red blood
cells is about 6-12 weeks, and the way I understand it, the HgA1c is
weighted towards measuring the last 3 weeks. Therefore the A1c is a 3 month
average, but weighted on the tail end of the curve.

JMO - very likely wrong...

Actually, you are very correct. I have been told that about 50% of the HgBA1C
value, comes from the last month or so before the test.

mom of cara (pumper for 3 yrs)