Re: [IP] The first week / Was: Something New from MiniMed

I am so very happy for you.  As I sit here and read this, I am laughing with
you of course, because it is so cool to   talk to someone who is so much like
me, I guess that means I am laughing at myself too.  I take Ultralente and
Humalog now and believe me, I can't wait for my pump too.  I now take around
4-6 shots a day and I think once I get going on the pump like you, all the
little things we worry about will seem so minute that it will be like
nothing.  Now as like you said, I worry about taking my shots at work, eating
late, low and high sugars depending on what day it is, it is always different
and you know all the rest of the crud that goes with it.  And I think two
pagers are cool too.  I'm sure you look so very important any ways with or
without two pagers.  Are you single or married.  I am just wondering because
I am single and one of the biggest things I am worrying about is dating.  How
others (men in particular) will look at this and our new side by side
companion.  When your married your mate already knows all the pros and cons
with diabetes but singles are so much more chanllenging with the dating and
all.  Let me know?  I am so happy for you and I am sure once you get all on
line with it all, you will be on top of the world.  I can't wait for that
with me too.  I always have said:  after 23 yrs. of this sweet disease, that
all I ever wanted was to be as normal as possible like all the rest of the
people on this planet, well most of them are normal anyway, and I think the
pump is the closest thing for us right now, so here's to being pretty normal.
Have a great week,

your sweet pal, jaki