Re: [IP] D-tron question - now I have the answer

After you asked "how much is left" it prompted me to do the same thing so I
also called tech-support and got the same reply. She said this was eliminated
because just like in the H- tron it all was based on how full the cartridge
was and would never give an accurate reading. The pump only knows when there
are approximately 20 units left in it and then gives you an A1 alert. Mine
did at dinner out last night and I decided to wait til I got an E1 alert(
cartridge empty). About 13 hours later I did. At a basal of 1.3 plus a 5 unit
bolus (desert for Mother's Day of course) meant the low cartridge alert went
off with 21.9 or so units left. Close enough for me!!! My wife says my
neurotic behavior is definately improving because I didn't sit and stare at
it til it finally ran out. I was prepared when it did to do a change.
Jim Manns,Dx'd 1979
D'troned 5-1-2001