[IP] Does giving insulin solve it all? - NO!

Shelly, I would make sure to point out that insulin is only life support  and
in no way does it make everything fine.  We are all still susceptible to
seizures, even possible death due to low blood sugars.  We are also
susceptible to all types of complications (kidneys, eyes, heart, nerve, and
on and on) if our blood sugar is too high.  And no two days are exactly the
same, so the dosage usually varies every day.  This is what makes testing
often so necessary to try and keep the above mentioned risks to a minimum.
Uncontrolled diabetes definitely leads to a shortened life and serious
complications.  So, I absolutely feel that just taking insulin does not make
everything fine.  This is not a one size fits all disease, and there is no
quick and easy solution.