Re: [IP] Stress Management-Help

Dawn:  i know how you feel I think we all do.  I broke up with my boyfriend
of 10 yrs, lost my house, and job of 5 yrs from being sick, my mom had a
stroke and then to top it all off, i lost my hair not just a little most of
my hair.  Boy what a year it's been.  I was letting it all get to me and was
really starting to get sick all the time, my aic's were higher then ever and
it was starting to show.  Then one day, I woke up and realized I was just
hurting myself and wasn't helping anyone out either.  I now just take one day
at a time, live to my fullest and most importantly I am in control of my life
and my diabetes not anyone else.  Stress is a n ormal occurance in everyone's
life, some just know how to handle it better then others.  I am one of the
others.  I dont handle it good at all, i let everything get to me and way too
much at that.  My doc told me to take up a relaxing hobby (sounds like
something my parents would say) and then i did.  I took up fishing.  I never
thought i would say it but they were all right.  now when i get stressed or
feel myself losing it, i grab my fishing pole and head outside, we live off a
lake, and I hit the fish.  I test prior to going (when i am stressed out) and
its always high, then when i get back i test and it always goes down to
normal.  So maybe try something like that.  The next few months are going to
be very difficult on you and your family, but you will serve your dad and mom
and yourself much more positively if your healthy and holding the family
together.  Your dad would want it that way.  I will say a prayer for you and
your dad.  write any time if you need to, your new friend