[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Re: Static shock warning

Hey, all.  Me again.  Geesh, after lurking for more than 2 years, now you
hear from me twice in one week!  Anyway, Katie's poor little "Pump-kin"
received the shock of it's life last night.  She was jumping on our
trampoline and I asked her to disconnect.  As she handed Pump-kin to me,
we got a BAD static shock.  Thought of the warnings I'd seen on this
list, and sure enough, within 5 minutes Pump-kin was pitifully whining
and not responding to any buttons I'd push.  Called the 1-800 number on
the back and they told me to take the batteries out and let it sit; that
it would take 2 to 8 hours to disperse the electric shock.  Praise God,
it was back to normal in 2 hours.  Of course, it was not in it's leather
case which Minimed did ask about because that's supposed to help deal
with static shock.  Anyway, thanks to this list I knew what to expect; I
knew to give her the dinner bolus through the cannula instead of a shot
in her arm; and I once again remembered the leather case w/dryer sheet to
combat that nasty static.  Oh, how I love the pump!!  Just the thought of
going back to shots...{shudder}
Debbie, mom to Katie, 10
Dx'd 9/97, pumping since 8/99
- ----------------------------------------------------------
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml