Re: [IP] reply to death by hypo

At 12:22 PM 5/12/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >In a message dated 5/12/01 9:42:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
 >email @ redacted writes:
 >> You can have your home flagged
 >> for anything, heart attack, stroke, asthma problems,
 >> anything that you want them to know right away without
 >> having to go through explaining what the problem and
 >> history is.  Much easier, especially when in an
 >> emergency situation.  I highly recommend it.
 >> how do you go about doing this?  do you call 911 directly and tell them or
 >do you do it through another agency, etc?

I would strongly recommend against calling 911 for anything, except a real
emergency. The operators can get overwhelmed by "information" calls and not
be able to respond to actual emergency situations. Also, this service may
vary widely from place to place. Every 911 service is administered locally
and may have totally different policies. I would call the
police/fire/rescue department(s) during normal business hours.