Re: [IP] Re: Lab results & those yummy potassium drinks

i remember i used to gag from those!!  that was my biggest
fear when going into the hospital with DKA...those dang potassium drinks :O(
   I feel bad for you and anyone else that had to drink those naasty tasting drinks!! Whenever my potassium is low, they put me on an IV potassium drip. Only bad thing about that is it stings a bit but your arm gets used to it after a while. I think I'd rather have a little sting than to have to try and choke down some discusting tasting drink.  Perhaps IF you ever end up in DKA in the hospital (which I hope NEVER happens again) you could request the potassium drip?
Hope this helps a little,