[IP] IDDM - DM

>>> There are two major types of diabetes mellitus, called type I and type II.
(I THOUGHT ONLY TYPE 1 IS REFERRED TO AS DIABETES MELLITUS???)
Type I diabetes mellitus is also called insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
(IDDM), or juvenile onset diabetes mellitus. >>>

I'm presuming the poster's personal views are the ones in all caps. The word
*diabetes* means "passing through" and mellitus refers to the *sugar* part.
This defines the difference from Diabetes Insipidus which is a kidney
disease - thus also *passing through*. IDDM is Insulin Dependent Diabetes
Mellitus (as stated above) and DM is diabetes mellitus which can be either T-1
or T-2. T-2's may take insulin but are not considered *dependent* the way
T-1's are. T-2's are insulin resistant. (~_^)