Re: [IP] Adults suddenly out of control ...

In a message dated 5/11/2001 2:03:31 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< particular individual being unable to put up with the
mechanics of staying in good control every day, day after day, month
after month, and year after year. >>

I've been in excellent control for quite sometime and continue to be.
However, I have noticed that hormonal changes do change my insulin
requirements. Like this month I noticed my average daily dose the 2 weeks
prior to my period was 50 units. As soon as I got my period it went down to
45 units or less. Also, on MDI I had 300's about every 2 weeks (especially
fasting), but I can remember in my 30's having 300's about once a year. So in
my case age seemed to have made sugars more difficult to control. Pre and
post pregnancy also changed my control. On the pump I rarely go above 200. Of
course you guys don't have these kinds of fluctuations!