Re: [IP] ? about Death From Low

In a message dated 5/10/01 10:21:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> !  Usually i am too low to tell anyone I am low.  This scares the
> crap out of me!  I hate this disease some tiems

     You know, usually I feel the same way about being too low to tell
anyone. I just get up and force myself to take care of it. (If I'm really
low, I end up overmedicating... I start eating everything in site!! Then of
course my blood sugar goes into the 300s!! Even though I feel like passing
out! Which of course I have and several times I've gone into convutions!
That's not fun.
     So you say that you 'sometimes hate this disease"? I'm not sure I'd
agree about your leelings on that one. When do you actually not hate it??
I've hated it for almost 20 years... geez, that's the longest grudge I've
held in my life. :)
      I don't think you're alone in this one. I'm sure there are a LOT of
diabetics on this list or even off that are afraid of the lows and tend to
keep their sugars a little high in fear of going low. I used to do that!! But
not on the pump.) and HATE this disease (always).