Re: [IP] reply to death by hypo

OK, I had to jump in here.  When Jessica was 3 years
old and on injections of regular and nph she had a
severe hypo.  It came on very quickly.  I picked her
up because she told me she was tired, we were in her
brothers classroom waiting for them to get back from
lunch.  She laid her head on my shoulder and then just
went rigid.  She started having a seizure and
immediately stopped breathing.  I raced to the nurses
office with her where she had stopped seizing, but was
turning blue.  The nurse immediately started CPR while
the prinicipal called 911.  She lived through that
one, but would NOT have had she been in bed at night
alone.  One month later it happend again.  Except this
time we were at home alone.  She started walking
toward me crying suddenly, I grabbed her and she
started seizing.  Again, she stopped breathing and I
called 911 and just yelled to send an ambulance. My
house is red flagged and I advise everyone to do this.
 I set the phone down started CPR and gave a glucagon
shot.  She also lived through this one, but again, she
wouldn't have lived if she had been in bed alone.  So
yes, it is possible to die from a hypo.  I have never
slept through another night since then.

Nita in Texas
Mom of Jessica, 9, dx'd @ 9 months, pumping, and Jarred, 10 and a great help!

Do You Yahoo!?