[IP] Type 1's with Higher Intelligence

In a message dated 5/11/01 11:35:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I always felt te
> genetics of type 1 diabetes seem to go along with higher intellect. spot
I'd love to see some kind of study done on this, because there seems to be
something to it.  My 14 year old son, dx'd 19 months ago, is pretty amazingly
smart, and of all of his classmates and aquaintances I'd say the only one who
amazes me even more would be his best friend from another state who also
happens to be a type 1.  We have other friends whose 13 year old was
diagnosed a couple of years ago, and he is apparently the same
top-of-the-class type of kid.  I know there are many, many others, both kids
and adults, on this list who fit this category.

Pam Moore