Re: [IP] independent health insurance

Not sure when you got the Kaiser policy.  Within the last 4 years there was
a major change to get an individual policy - They now require a medical
review questionnaire..... answer yes to any of the questions and they say
NO to the individual policy even if on COBRA....  Diabetes is one of the

I was lucky that the rules were changed without notifying people who were
responsible for Kaiser internal "affiliated" plans (I was a Kaiser
volunteer). For 6 months I was still covered but not sure if I could
finally get the policy. I was lucky that the responsible person was a
regional marketing VP who was willing to fight his "own system"  -  Is a
little scary sometimes being aware that I am in a "group plan" that has
only 2 people...

Jim S.
email @ redacted