Re: [IP] independent health insurance

In a message dated 05/10/2001 9:51:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi,my name is Bruce. I was wondering if any ony has any ideas about how to
 get into a health plan without an employer.I have about 1.5 yrs left on a
 cobra plan and my current employer has a terrible plan.Seems difficult with
 diabetes. >>

I'm self employed and have individual coverage through Kaiser. I got it
through an employer many years ago, continued it through the cobra plan and
then converted to individual after the 18 months of cobra ended. I've heard
that not all plans allow conversion to individual after cobra, but Kaiser
does. I have to pay $248.00/mo for the coverage. I couldn't have gotten any
coverage had I not been on cobra to begin with.

Hope this helps, Melanie