[IP] Re: CHO Counting book

In a message dated 5/10/2001 6:42:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi evreyone,
>    I just started pumping 8 hours ago and so far so good!! I have not had
> a BS over 9.0 but unfortuantely I have had a few lows (below 3.0)even
> though I reduced my insulin dose by 30%. My CDE says that I am over
> bolusing, but I think my real problem is my inability to calculate CHO
> correctly. I got the $6.00 book "Counting Carbohydrates" from MM, and it
> is OK.. but I am looking for a book that has a wider variety of foods in
> it and maybe one that includes restaurants or fast food joints CHO levels.
> So, does anyone have a good CHO book to recommend??

Sorry I have no advice on a book but, I do have a website that might help you.
http://www.elviradarknight.com/diabetes/info.html.  You will find a list of
all food groups & carbohydrates.  Also some nutritional information on
restaurants that have it available.

  Kim...........Mom of Ashley age 10(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping yet)