[IP] RE:reps and trainers setting basal/bolus rates

>>Our trainer recommended all levels, etc. but she is also a
nurse and a CDE. I figure many probably are.<<

Don't assume this at all! I learned how to do this after
attending many extra education sessions and by working with
the endo who was the medical director of our diabetes
center.  I no longer work at the diabetes center
(downsizing), and can only do this now if I have physician
orders and contract to do so. There are nurse practitioners
and physician assistants with prescriptive authority by
their state licensing board who may also do this.  My advice
would be to check out the credentials of the people who are
on your team. A sales person may or not be legally
qualified. It is your physician who is ultimately

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE