Re: [IP] Silhouette vs. sofsets??

<Is there an inserter device to use with the silhouettes?  I would love to
try
<one but don't know how to insert it.  I know the sofserter I use now with
my
<sofsets can't be used for the silhouettes, but I have always had trouble
<inserting manually.  The darned thing just won't go in and it's very
<painful.  Any ideas?

Julie, there is no inserter for Silhouettes, though I heard from a MiniMed
rep that they are working hard to develop one.  I have been using Sils for a
year and a half and much prefer them to Sof-sets or Quick-sets.  Insertion
is probably the toughest part about Sils.  But it really isn't that hard to
do, just requires a little technique.  I pinch some skin and insert at about
a 15% angle to the skin surface and it slides right in.  Rarely is it
painful for me, but of course, everyone is different.  Good luck with them!

Bob
San Francisco Bay Area