[IP] Re: venting pump-start

I think you need to get another CDE. It is unbelievable to me that she would
allow your daughter to start without first recording her profile over 2 to 3
weeks. The basal rate and bolus rate should be known BEFORE you start, after
that it is a matter of fine tuning. My hospitals clinic even holds the pumps
till the start date to insure that the patient can 1) count carbs and 2) has
recorded every thing they have ingested as well as the insulin doses and the
BG levels including several 3AM readings. I was given a couple weeks of this
and the CDE used her formulas to calculate the doses. And she nailed them!!
I have not had to change the rates she set for me since I started a year