[IP] Inventor of Pump

Well, I started reading my pumping insulin book this morning on the way into
work (in preparation for my meeting with a nurse/CDE this afternoon) and
guess what I found:

"Since the first published report of insulin pump use by Dr. Pickup in
England in 1979 (1), the number of worldwide users has grown to around
100,000 people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes"

1] Pickup JC, White MC, Keen H, Parsons JA and Alberti KG: Long-term
continuous subcutaneious insulin infusion in diabetics at home.  Lancet 2
8148: 870-873, 1979

I don't have any access to back issues of Lancet but maybe someone who does
(on CD?) can look up the reference and see which pump he was using