Re: [IP] Reps/trainers advising insulin doses

In a message dated 5/9/01 12:02:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have read this from many pumpers on this list that the reps/trainers are
> not
> allowed to recommend dosages - that's for the doctor and/or CDE with a
> medical

when i went to my training, my MM rep told me what basals to start with and
what carb ratio... i've heard the trainers do it a lot.  maybe they are given
permission somewhere because i can't imagine them not being allowed to do it
and doing it anyway.  i'll have to ask my doc...