Re: [IP] Silhouette vs. sofsets??

> Ok... I just got my minimed 508 a wk ago today and love it.  I have
> used the sofsets for 4 yrs with my 507 but for some odd reason
> decided to try the sample silhouette infusion set they sent with my
> 508.  Just put it in and i think i like it better!!  Anyone else
> have any feedback on these two types of sets?  Anyone used both of
> them and prefer one over the other?  Thanks for any feedback.  Just
> kinda upset now I have like 6 boxes of the sofsets to use up before
> i would be able to order the silhouettes!

My daughter Lily used both for several years. SofSets in her
lower abdomen and Sils in the upper buttocks. At the beginning of
last summer she switched entirely to Sils for a couple of reasons.
Sils don't require extra tape, the are small and will hide under her
bikini (important for a sweet young thing). Sils don't pop out when
you play soccer or exercise.

Downside -- there is no inserter. The insertion needle is VERY long.