[IP] venting- pump start

We started our 5 year old daughter on her minimed 508 yesterday.  :-).  I was
so excited, until our child decided to get sick today.  I really did expect
the first few weeks to be rough, but get sick on the day of the pump start ?
:-{ The worst part is we have no idea what her basals or corrections should be
set at yet.  I feel like I'm losing my mind.  Right now she has a sugar of 343
and a fever of 102.  I'm not sure if the high sugar is from the illness or the
pump site so if the sugar doesn't come down within the next 45 minutes, I will
be doing a site change.  I think my CDE probably regrets giving me her home
phone number now.  That poor woman, she really is wonderful.  Right now I'm
still working off the 3 hours of sleep I managed to get between sugar checks
last night, and about 5 giant cups of coffee.  I know this will get better
soon but.....

Preparing myself for another sleepless night.

Mom to Emily age 5 dx 10-00, Pumping 05-07-01