[IP] Re: Death by hypo possible?

Ask your doctor about the "Dead in Bed Syndrome", there are medical articles
about it.  It is not nice reading for any diabetic's parent, or any diabetic
for that matter.  Doctors don't tell you most of the things you need
to/should know.

Also hypos are bad for children's brains.  By age 7, this isn't such a
danger,  so they say.  But you still want to be careful.

My Claire doesn't go into comas or convulsions when low, her body rebounds
itself to very high glucose levels.  But I always wonder what level she went
down to before this kicked in.  The lowest I have had her tested at is
35--she was running around her school playground before lunch and said she
felt fine.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7