Re: Re: [IP] Merck-Medco mail order

In a message dated 5/8/01 12:09:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> OK, so I will try this in July when I need that refill, since
> it will be probably close to 100 degrees here in Kansas by then

The end of august i was in the middle of Kansas for a family reunion.
I wrote this list about leaving my insulin vial in the car for hours.  The
temp outside was running 109.  I started running high blood sugars, changed
every thing out twice and couldn't figure it out.  Finally got a new bottle
of insulin and my blood sugar came right down.  Being in the heat and in the
car made a big difference in the viability of the insulin.  It was not cloudy
or clumpy but it definately was not working like it was supposed to.  Heat
does make a difference.
Didn't Michael say he got them to send it on ice??

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01