Re: [IP] Merck-Medco mail order

Hi Jennifer

well there's a few of us going through this right now and it looks like each
one of us is getting a different answer - as I posted yesterday I spoke to a
pharmacist Jay Perree (also from Columbus OH branch)and he gave me the run
around so I insisted on speaking to the manager.  Kathryn Wong who is not a
manager but a supervisor said the they are in the process of working on
changing the procedures so its not in effect as of yet.  I spoke to her
yesterday and I have a feeling they are telling the pharmacist to tell them
that they are shipping next day UPS just to get rid of us.  I spoke to her
yesterday 4/7/01 at 12:15 pm so I know the new procedures are not in effect
yet.  They also said that they are Fed-Ex my my 8 vials of Humulog late
yesterday for next day delivery and it is now 2:54 NY time and I have not as
of yet received it. According to Eli Lilly Humulog does not have to be
cloudy or crystalized to loose it potency so I would not trust the insulin.

I would call United Health Care in and tell them that you want to lodge a
complaint (they will tell you to do it in writing) and to also call the
Insurance commissioner of your state and lodge a complaint with them.  It
looks like they are giving all of us a run around thinking that we are
idiots.  If enough of us complain I guess United Health Care will have to
get another mail order supplier and the Insurance commissioner should put
Merck Medco out of business.

So lets all band together and try and do something about Merck Medco.

I would recommend that you label the insulin that your returning as being
exposed to high temperatures so they will not send it back out to another
one of us and then they will realize that they will be losing money and do
something about it.  I also reccommend you get your insulin from you local
pharmacy on your next refill - you will be safer that way then to trust
Merck Medco.