Re: [IP] Cart dump was: HOw many g of CHO in a g of Glucose?

>How could 300 units be injected into someone?  Was this a programming
>error, pump defect?
>Do many people have these incidents?
>I am 2 days on the pump now and am now wondering about safety after reading

Peter and any other new pumpers that who may be alarmed by this post:

This problem is specific to the H-Tron pump.  even at that there is only a
1 in 5000 chance of this type of error ocurring.  The error is due to some
undetectable flaw in the brain.  (The pump's I mean - not the user's).

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Five months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

To date:   54% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  * First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 *   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).