Re: [IP] Re: inventor of pump

> *My* feelings are throwing out names through hearsay proves nothing. Backing
> up these names with documentation eliminates myths and rumors. YMMV
>  However, check out http://www.usfirst.org/bios/dean.html and see
> that Dean Kamen invented the first wearable insulin infusion pump in
> 1978. I still say the key word is
> *wearable* since the 1963 backpack pump by Kadesh was a prototype and
> certainly not feasible to wear, but a start.  (~_^)

There are at least three "inventors" credited with the invention of
the pump. As listed by Jan, above, Kadesh for the original concept
and the back-pack pump, Kamen for work on a practical pump that could
be worn, and Tamborlane for the modern pump in the form we know
today. There really should not be a dispute because all of these
researchers contributed in some way to the knowledge that brought us
to where we are today.